Rajasthan Board RBSE Class 8 Social Science Chapter 8 Tourism and Transportation
RBSE Class 8 Social Science Tourism and Transportation InText Questions and Answers
RBSE Class 8 Social Science Tourism and Transportation Text Book Questions and Answers
Choose the correct option :
1. Brahma temple in Rajasthan is located in
2. Jaisamand lake is situated in which district?
Fill in the blanks :
(a) In Jaipur for better urban traffic started in June 2015.
(b) while crossing the roads use crossing.
(c) Tourism is a industry.
(d) Kevladeo Ghana Bird Sanctuary is located in district.
(a) metro rail
Where is the first international airport of Rajasthan?
First International Airport in Rajasthan is situated at Sanganer in Jaipur.
When and where did the first train run in Rajasthan?
In Rajasthan, the first train was run in the year 1874 between Bandikui (Dausa) and Agra Fort (U P).
What is Bharatmala Project? Explain.
For the development of roads in the country, the government of India has announced a new ‘Bharatmala’ project. Under this project, there is a plan to develop several thousand kilometers of roads. The roads will be constructed in Rajasthan, alongwith all its neighbouring states such as Punjab, J&K, Himachal Pradesh, U.P., Uttrakhand, Bihar, Sikkim, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh and Mizoram. Due to its military and strategic importance, nearly 1500 km of the part of this project will pass through the Pakistan border of Rajasthan.
What is tourism? Explain its economic importance?
What is meant by tourism? Write a note on the importance of tourism.
Meaning of Tourism – Travel undertaken for fulfilling the objectives of entertainment, enjoying scenic (natural) beauty, sports, health, study, pilgrimage, business, official work, meetings, missions, domestic work, etc. is called Tourism.
Importance of Tourism with the Economic Point of View – Tourism is a service industry.
Its importance is as follows :
- Foreign currency is obtained by tourism.
- Many people get employment by tourism.
- By it, art and culture is also developed.
- State income is also increased.
- Trade and industry is also developed.
- By tourism our culture gets protection and its popularity spread.
- Economy gets mobility by tourism.
Which are the major tourist centers of Rajasthan?
How many parts can tourist places be divided into Rajasthan? Write in detail.
Major Historical Tourist Places of Rajasthan –
- Kalibangan and Pilibangan (Hanumangarh)
- Ahar (Udaipur)
- Bairath (Jaipur)
- Ganeshwar (Sikar)
- Hawa Mahal, Jantar Mantar, Amer Fort (Jaipur)
- Vijay Stambh and Kirti Stambh (Chittorgarh)
- Kumbhalgarh Fort (Rajsamand)
- Sajjangarh Fort, City Palace (Udaipur)
- Sonargarh Fort (Jaisalmer)
Major Religious Tourist Centers of Rajasthan –
- Pushkar : Temple of Bhrahmaji
- Ajmer : Shrine of Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti
- Ramdeora : Ramdev Temple
- Nathdwara : Srinathji Temple
- Udaipur : Eklingji Temple
- Jaipur : Govind Devji Temple
- Bikaner : Kami Mata, Deshnok and Kolayat
- Sawai Madhopur : Sri Mahaviiji
- Banswara : Tripura Sundari
- Udaipur: Rishabhdev
- Ranakpur : Jain Temple
- Moxmt Abu : Dilwara Jain Temple
Major Natural Tourist Places of Rajasthan –
- Udaipur : Jaisamand, Fateh Sagar, Pichola and Uday Sagar Lakes
- Sirohi : Moxmt Abu and Nakki lake
- Ajmer : Pushkar lake
- Rajsamand : Rajsamand lake
- Chittorgarh : Chulia and Menal Waterfalls
- Sawai Madhopur : Ranthambore National Park
- Alwar : Sariska National Park
- Bharatpur : Kevladeo Ghana National Birds Park
- Kota : Chambal Sanctuary
- Jaisalmer and Barmer: National Desert Park
Write a note on Road Transportation in Rajasthan.
The major modes of transportation in Rajasthan are road, rail and air transport. Out of these, road transport is the most important mode of transport in Rajasthan. Here, most of the transportation is done through roads itself. With the transportation and economic point of view, road transport itself is an important mode of transport for the people living in rural areas.
There has been a rapid development of roads during the last 30 years. There are four types of roads in the state : national highways, state highways, district roads and rural roads. Under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna, work is rapidly being done for the plan to connect the villages with roads. There has been a lot of development of the state by this.
The national highway number of which connects Delhi with Mumbai passes from the middle of the state. This is the busiest highway of the state. There is the national highway number 15 situated in the western bordering regions, which is the lengthiest national highway of Rajasthan. Apart from this, national highway number 11, 12, 14, 65 etc. are the other major national highways of the state.
RBSE Class 8 Social Science Tourism and Transportation Important Questions and Answers
In which district is Fateh Sagar lake is situated?
Where is Menal waterfall situated?
When was tourism given status of an industry in Rajasthan?
Where is Tripura Sundari temple located?
Out of these, where is Sonargarh Fort situated?
Where the first international airport of Rajasthan is situated?
Fill in the blanks :
1. The national highway number ……………… passes through the middle of the state connecting Delhi and Mumbai. (8/15)
2. Chittorgarh is famous for its ……………… and Kirtistambh. (Vijaystambh/Vijay Nagar))
3. In order to attract foreign tourists, the Govt, of India has prepared ……………… project. (Incredible India/Bharatmala)
4. ……………… royal train which goes to the major tourist places. (The Palace Train/Royal Rajasthan Palace on Wheels)
5. While driving a vehicle, overtake must be done towards ……………… side carefully. (left/right)
3. Incredible India
4. Royal Rajasthan Palace on Wheels
Out of the sentences, pick up True/False statement :
1. Every third foreign tourist comes to Rajasthan while coming to India. (✓)
2. Rajasthan Tourism Development was established in Rajasthan in the year 1979. (✓)
3. Temple of Kamimata is situated at Deshnok (Bikaner). (✓)
4. Siriska National Sanctuary is situated at Sawai Madhopur. (✗)
5. Maharana Pratap Airport is situated at Dabok (Udaipur). (✓)
Match the following :
Sightseeing Places – Districts
1. Shrinathji – (a) Pali
2. Ranakpur – (b) Sawai Madhopur
3. Sri Mahaveerji – (c) Bhilwara
4. MenaI Waterfall – (d) Jaisalmer
5. Sonar Fort – (e) Rajsamand
Very Short Answer Type Questions
Write the names of any three major tourism circuits of Rajasthan.
- Jaipur-Amer circuit,
- Manx circuit,
- Mewar circuit.
Write full form of RTDC.
Rajasthan Tourism Development Corporation.
What is the name of royal train of Rajasthan?
Royal Rajasthan Palace on Wheels
Which are the major modes of transportation in Rajasthan?
- Road transportation,
- Rail trans-portation,
- Air transportation.
What is metro train?
Metro train is a public rail service of transportation in metro cities.
What do you mean by Sanctuary?
Sanctuary’ is an open residential region of wild animals.
Which slogans have been given to promote tourism in Rajasthan?
- ‘Padharo Mahare Desh’,
- Rangilo Rajasthan,
- ‘Suranga Rajasthan’,
- Rajasthan Padhariya.
Write names of four major forts of Rajasthan.
- Jaipur-Amer Fort,
- Rajsamand- Kumbhalgarh Fort,
- Sajjangarh Fort, Udaipur,
- Jaisalmer-Sonar Fort.
State names of three major lakes of Rajasthan.
- Jaisamand lake in Udaipur,
- Nakki lake in Mt. Abu,
- Pushkar lake in Ajmer.
Write the names of four religious places of Rajasthan.
- Brahmaji Temple (Pushkar),
- Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti’s Dargah (Ajmer),
- Ramdevra Temple (Jaisalmer),
- Srinathji Temple (Nathdwara).
Which one is the biggest centres of Railway in Rajasthan?
Jaipur is the biggest centres of Railway in Rajasthan.
Where is North-Western Railway Zone office located?
North-Western Railway Zone office is located in Jaipur.
Short Answer Type Questions
Discuss in brief about famous archaeological tourist places in Rajasthan.
In the form of archaeological tourist places, Kalibanga and Pilibanga in Hanumangarh, Aliar Cenotaphs in Udaipur, Bairath in Jaipur and Ganeshwar in Sikar are the most famous.
State major religious tourist places of Rajasthan.
Religious Tourist Places – Religion has a great deal of significance in the customs and folk culture of Rajasthan. Its pilgrimages are regarded as the major centres of tourism. In Rajasthan state, Brahmaji Temple (Pushkar), Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti’s Dargah (Ajmer), Kolayat (Bikaner), Ramdevra (Jaisalmer), Srinathji in Nathdwara (Rajsamand), Eklingji (Udaipur), Govind Devji (Jaipur), Kami Mata Deshnok (Bikaner), Sri Mahavirji (Sawai Madhopur), Tripura Sundari (Banswara), Ranakpur (Pali) and Jain temples in Delwara (Sirohi) etc. are major religious tourist places.
Elucidate ‘Rajasthan Road Vision 2025’.
According to the ‘Rajasthan Road Vision 2025’, during the first 25 years of the century, extension, maintenance, due care, quality of roads will be taken care of. During these years, highways, flyovers, express highways will be built across the state and almost all the villages will be connected by roads.
Describe importance of transportation in our life.
Transportation – Transportation plays an important role in our lives as well as in the economic development of the nation. Through express way, fast journey is possible. We can reach to our homes, offices and other destination quickly. Delivery of raw materials to industries, and produced goods to the consumers cannot be possible without transport. People can’t fulfil their requirements in absence of transportation. Transport is a service which can be considered to be the ‘lifetime’ of all our economic and social system.
Which are the major historical tourist places of Rajasthan?
Do you know that Rajasthan is a rich state with the point of view of historical tourist places.
The history of Rajasthan has been very glorious almost all parts of the state. In form of archaeological tourist places, Kalibanga and Pilibanga in Hanumangarh, Ahar Cenotaphs in Udaipur, Bairath in Jaipur and Ganeshwar in Sikar are the most famous. Hawa Mahal in Jaipur, the Amer fort, Jantar-Mantar, Vijay Stambh and Kirti Stambh of Chittorgarh, Kunibhalgarh fort (Rajsamand), Sajjangarh fort (Udaipur) and the City Palace, Mehrangarh fort of Jodhpur, Songarh fort of Jaisalmer etc. are major historical tourist places.
What is the condition of water transportation as a mode of transportation in Rajasthan?
Geographically, Rajasthan does not have coastal boundary. It is surrounded by land from all sides. There are small and seasonal rivers here. Transportation is not possible in them. Hence, importance of waterways in Rajasthan is almost negligible.
Essay Type Questions
What do you understand by tourism? Many tourists vist Rajasthan every year. Write any four measures taken to increase tourism in Rajasthan.
Tourism – Travelling undertaken to fulfill the objectives of entertainment, health, enjoying natural beauty, sports, pilgrimage etc. are known as Tourism.
Following efforts have been taken to increase number of tourists in Rajasthan –
- Environment of protection in tourism must be created. If tourists feel secured, number of tourists will increase.
- Information related to tourism must be provided at one place such as reservation, guide, taxi, main tourist sports, hotels etc. These facilities must be extended.
- All tourist sports must be well-connected by rail, road and air.
- Tourist fairs and programmes must be organized to increase number of tourists in which Rajasthan folklore, folk-dance, Rajasthani history must be popularized.
What is transportation and what are its main means in Rajasthan? ‘Transport service is economic and social life time’. Explain.
Meaning of Transport – The interchange of people, goods and thoughts from one place to an other is called transport. Main means of transportation in Rajasthan are train, bus, bullock- cart, camel etc.
‘Transport service is a social and economic web of life time’. This statement is factually correct. Grains are transported from field to mandi, and mandi to market and then to our homes. It would have been very difficult without transportation. Transport plays an important role in sending manufactured goods from factories to the consumers. Human beings can’t fulfil so many needs of their relatives because of unavailability of transportation. In this way transportation is a social and economic life time.
Write a note on modes of trans-portation in Rajasthan.
Modes of Transportation in Rajasthan – Transportation refers to the act of bringing and taking people and goods from one place to _ another.
Following are the three modes of transport in Rajasthan –
(i) Road Transportation – Road transport is the most important mode of transportation in Rajasthan. Since, the past few years, roads are being rapidly developed. Through the Prime Minister Gram Sadak Yojna, villages are being connected through roads. National Highways number 8, 11, 12, 14, 15, 65 etc. are the major national highways of Rajasthan. National highway number 15 is the longest national highway. At the same time, national highway number 8, which connects Delhi with Mumbai is the busiest highway.
(ii) Rail Transportation – Rail transportation has a lot of importance in present time. The first train in Rajasthan was run between Bandikui (Dausa) and Agra Fort (Uttar Pradesh) in the year 1874 A.D. After that, there has been a continuous development of rail transport in Rajasthan.
At present, the total length of the railway tracks is around 6000 km. In the state, Jaipur is the biggest center of rail transport. In Rajasthan, the services of North-Western, North-West central, North-Central and Western railway zones are being operated. Metro train has been started since June 2015 for city transport in Jaipur. There are good opportunities of the development of rail transport, with the point of view of mineral and industrial development.
(iii) Air Transportation – This is the costliest and fastest mode of transportation. Development of air transportation has been relatively less in Rajasthan, where airports are established in Jaipur, Udaipur, Jodhpur and Kota. Sanganer Airport situated in Jaipur is the busiest and the first international airport of the state. While in Ratanada of Jodhpur, an airport of military and strategic importance is established. Efforts are being made for the development of facilities for air transportation due to industrialization and the development being done in various sectors in Rajasthan.
Discuss major ‘Natural Tourist Places’ of Rajasthan and also throw light on development of tourism in the state.
Natural Tourist Places –
Rajasthan is a big state having several natural tourist places. There are many places of natural attractions in Rajasthan such as fascinating sand dunes (Dhore) of Jaisalmer, Jaisamand, Fateh Sagar, Pichola, Udai Sagar lakes in Udiapur; the fomous hill stations of Sirohi – Mount Abu and Nakki lake, Pushkar lake in Ajmer, Rajsamand lake in Rajsamand, Chulia and Menal waterfalls in Chittorgarh, Ranthambore National Park in Sawai Madhopur, Sariska National Park of Alwar, Keoladeo Ghana Bird Sanctuary of Bharatpur, Desert National Park in Jaisalmer and Barmer, National Chambal Sanctuary on the banks of river Chambal.
Development of Tourism –
To promote tourism in Rajasthan, Rajasthan Tourism Development Corporation (RTDC) was set up by the state govt, in 1979. The major tourist circuits are Jaipur-Ajmer circuit, Desert circuit and Mewar circuit. In the year 1989, tourism was granted the status of industry7 in Rajasthan. For the development of tourism, building of hotels and paying guest programmes are being run in the state. In the hotel business of the private sector also investment of capital is on a continuous rise.
For the tourists, information and facilities such as reservation, guide, taxi, names of major tourist places are available on the internet. Efforts are being made to connect the places of sight-seeing through roadways, railways and airways. Royal trains like ‘Place on Wheels’ and ‘Royal Rajasthan on Wheels’ are also being run so as to attract tourists.
The folk art, folk dances, folk songs, traditional wear etc. have played significant role in the development of tourism in the state. Slogans such as ‘Rangilo Rajasthan’, ‘Suranga Rajasthan’, ‘Rajasthan Padhariye’ have been given to promote tourism in Rajasthan.
What is transportation? Explain the importance of Road Transportation.
Transportation – Interchange of people, goods and thoughts from one place to another place is called Transportation.
- Road transportation is the oldest means of transportation. Comparing to other means of transportation it is easily available and has good network.
- Road transportation is flexible and believable means of transportation.
- Most of the transportation is done only by road.
- In rural areas road transportation is very important.
- It provides door to door facility.
- Milk, fruits, vegetables, raw material and furnished products are transported easily by the road transport.
- All the states by the road transport connected with national highways, state highways and other roads.
- People get employment due to road transportation directly and indirectly.