Rajasthan Board RBSE Class 8 Social Science Chapter 28 Cleanliness Related Questions
RBSE Class 8 Social Science Cleanliness Related Questions
What do you mean by cleanliness?
Cleanliness refers to the living environment that is not harmful to human health and the environment. It also brings important measures for improving people’s health, well-being and their safety.
What would you suggest to ensure cleanliness on the road?
We will give the following suggestions to ensure cleanliness on the road—
- Do not throw garbage on the road.
- Dustbin should be kept at the proper place on the road so that the waste/garbage can be put in it.
- Proper arrangements of urinals and toilets in the markets should be made.
- Fine should be imposed on those who spit on streets after eating gutka (tobacco) and others who spread dirt.
Write any four tasks done for cleanliness.
- No defecation in open.
- Safe disposal of waste.
- No use of plastic bags.
- No spread of garbage or dirt.
How will you keep your school clean? Name any four tasks.
We will keep our school clean by the leading ways—
- We will not throw paper and food items in school.
- We will clean our school grounds.
- If other student spreads mess, we will stop and admonish him.
- We will collect fallen leaves and flowers on one place.
Why should we keep cleanliness? Give any two reasons.
What are the harms of not keeping cleanliness? Give any two harms.
Cleanliness requirement/harm due to not keeping cleanliness—
- In the absence of cleanliness, many types of diseases spread. There are adverse effects on people’s health.
- Dirt and waste also have adverse effects on the environment.
Give any two reasons for uncleanliness of roads in India.
- The biggest reason for unclean roads in India is that there are no strict rules/ laws on spreading uncleanliness (garbage) on the roads in our country.
- There is scarcity of waste disposal resources.
What is the side effect of dirtiness in our country?
How does uncleanliness harm the country?
Dirtiness damage the country in the following ways—
- If a citizen of any country is unhealthy, then the government has to spend money for his health benefits.
- When an unhealthy person does not succeed in his work, it affects the development of the country.
Give any two objectives of ‘Clean India Mission’.
Two main objectives of ‘Clean India Mission’ are—
- Putting an end to open defecation trend in India.
- To put an end to the stool cleaning system with hands.
How do diseases spread through open defecation?
Why should not be defecated in open? Give two reasons.
- Flies feed on the stool by defecation in open and then contaminate food with germs brought from stool. By 692 eating such food by us, germs enter our bodies.
- Water is polluted by defecation near the source of water and by consuming such water the germs enters our bodies.
What do you understand by Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (Clean India Mission)?
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a cleanliness mission run by the Indian government to promote cleanliness in the country. More and more campaign was started by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on October 2, 2014.
Write any two reasons for spreading of uncleanliness.
- Throwing house trash on streets and in drains.
- Open defecation.
What will you do to clean your body? Give any two actions.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap after defecation.
- Cut the nails at regular intervals so that they do not gather dirtiness.
In order to play your role in the cleanliness drive as a student, what two things you will include in your routine?
We will adopt the following things in our daily routine—
- We will use recycled, reusable products.
- We will not use plastic bags.
Which type of garbage you will put in green dustbin?
In green dustbin, we will put leaves, dried fruits and vegetables, used matchbox, leftover food etc.
How can school campus be kept clean?
School premises can be kept clean by taking care of the following points—
- We should make arrangements for regular cleaning of urinal and toilets in school campus.
- We should not throw food items, wrappers, torn papers in school premises.
- We should take care of cleaning the premises regularly.
- We should not spit anywhere and spread dirtiness in the entire school premises.
- Fallen leaves-flowers should be gathered and dropped on fixed location.
- Dustbins should be kept at certain places in the school premises where the garbage can be put.
Why is cleanliness essential in our lives? Explain.
Cleanliness is very important in our lives because many types of diseases spread in the absence of cleanliness. Due to absence of cleanliness, food becomes contaminated which increase disease. Dirtiness has adverse effects on people’s health and their immune system decreases. Dirt and waste also have adverse effects on the environment. Therefore, cleanliness is essential for human life.