Rajasthan Board RBSE Class 7 Social Science Chapter 19 Rajasthan and Delhi Sultanate
RBSE Class 7 Social Science Rajasthan and Delhi Sultanate Intext Questions and Answers
Page No 138.
Write date-wise and year-wise period of Delhi and Rajasthan’s royalties in a sequence.
Royalties of Delhi –
- Das dynasty(1206-1290 A.D )
- Khilji dynasty (1290-1320 A.D.)
- Tughlaq dynasty (1320-1414 A.D.)
- Saiyad dynasty (1414-1451 A.D.)
- Lodhi dynasty
- Mughal dynasty (1526-1857 A.D.).
Royalties of Rajasthan:
- Chauhan dynasty 551 A.D.
- Guhil dynasty (Mewar) 566 AT).
- Kachhwaha dynasty 967 A.D.
- Guhil dynasty (Bagar-1177 A.D.)
- Kachhwaha (Dhundhar dynasty 1137 A.D.)
- Bhati dynasty (Jaisalmer) 1155 A.D.
- Sisodia dynasty (Mewar) 1326 A.D.
- Yadav dynasty (Karauli) 1348 A.D.
- Rathore dynasty (Bikaner) 1465 A D.
- Rathore dynasty (Marwar) 13th century.
RBSE Class 7 Social Science Rajasthan and Delhi Sultanate Text Book Questions and Answers
Match ‘A’ and ‘B’:
|Column ‘A’||Column ‘B’|
|1. Kanhar Dev||Ajmer|
|2. Hammir Dev||Jalore|
|3. Maharana Kumbha||Ranthambhore|
|4. Prithviraj Chauhan||Mewar|
|Column ‘A’||Column ‘B’|
|1. Kanhar Dev||Jalore|
|2. Hammir Dev||Ranthambhore|
|3. Maharana Kumbha||Mewar|
|4. Prithviraj Chauhan||Ajmer|
Who won the Tarain’s first war?
Prithviraj Chauhan won the’ Tarain’s first war.
After Mohammad Gauri who succeeded the struggle to get the throne?
After Mohammad Gauri, Qutubuddin Aibak succeeded struggle to get the throne.
Why did Allaudeen Khilji want to attack Ranthambhore?
Following were the reasons of Allaudeen Khilji for attacking Ranthambore –
- Allaudeen Khilji was ambitious ruler and had a desire to conquer the whole of India.
- Allaudeen was keen to conquer the unconquerable fort of Ranthambhore.
- The fort of Ranthambhore had military importance and was adjacent to Delhi.
- The ruler of Ranthambhore Hamir had also provided shelter to some of the enemies of Allaudeen which angered him a lot.
Write a short description of Allaudeen’s attack on Chittor.
Allaudeen’s Attack on Chittor In 1303, Allaudeen Khilji started from Delhi with a large army and set up a military camp on the banks of die river Gambhiri and Beduch. He surrounded the fort of Chittor. After eight months of fortification Allaudeen could not succeed. Then Allaudeen took to diplomacy ami initiated the talks of agreement.
During talks for agreement, Allaudeen Khilji made Ratan Singh, the ruler of Mewar a prisoners with the efforts of Gaura and Badal, Ratan Singh freed from Allaudeen. There was a fierce battle between Allaudeen Khilji’s army and the Rajputs. The ration supplies had also finished in the fort. The chief of Rajput army wore saffron robes and opened the gates of the fort.
Rawal Ratan Singh and his chief of the army Gaura and Badal became martyrs. On the other side, under the leadership of Rani Padmani. a lot of woman performed johar. This was Chittor’s first johar. Chittor was besieged by Allaudeen. Allaudeen became victorious. After the victory, Sultan ordered to kill the masses of Chittor. Muslim soldiers also looted the public heartedly and destroyed the grand buildings and temples. After some days, Allaudeen gave Mewar and Chittor’s fort to his son Khijra Khan and returned to Delhi.
Describe Allaudeen Khilji’s attack on Jalore.
Allaudeen Khilji’s Attack on Jalore . In 1305 A.D., Kanhar Dev became the ruler of Jalore. Following were the reasons of Allaudeen Khilji of attacking Jalore –
- Allaudeen Khilji wanted to expand his empire.
- Jalore was a hub of military and business.
- Allaudeen Khilji wanted to stop Kanhar Dev’s increasing military’ power.
- Allaudeen Khilji sent a large army to win Gujrat.
He asked Kanhar Dev to move his troop via Jalore to go to Gujrat for which Kanhar Dev refused. Allaudeen moved his troops via Mewar. The army looted and destroyed the temple and shivlings. Kanhar Dev was very angry for destroying shivalings and he made up his mind to teach a lesson tp Sultan.
In 1308, Allaudeen Khilji sent a large army to win Jalore. The Muslim army attacked the fort of Shivana with the help of some inside people,
Khilji’s army won the fort of Shivana. After this, near Medta. Rajput army attacked Muslim army and made Sultan’s major Shams Khan and his wife prisoners. At this, Allaudeen Khilji attacked Jalore with a large army.
After reaching Jalore, Allaudeen Khilji surrounded the fort of Jalore. Kanhar Dev fought with his full power. But the food stock finished in the fort. In this bad situation, a Dahiya Sardar ditched Kanhar Dev and showed back door to Sultan in hope to be king of Jalore. when w ife got to know about this ditch, she killed the Dahiya Sardar with a sword. When Sultan’s army entered the fort. Kanhad Dev fought bravely with Rajput army and he died as a martyr. Thus. Allaudeen Khilji captured the fort of Jalore.
From which sources we get information about Maharana Kumbha’s period of rule?
Sources about Maharana Kumbha’s Period of Rule Following are the sources about Maharana Kumbha’s period of rule –
- Ekling Mahatmya
- Rasik Priya
- Kumbhalgarh Prashasti.
Describe the achievements of Maharana Kumbha’s rule Ans. Achievements of Maharana Kumbha’s Rule Following were the achievements of Maharana Kumbha’s rule –
1. Victory on Malwa –
Kumbha was a great warrior. In 1437 A.D. Maharana Kumbha attacked the Sultan of Malwa Mahmood Khilji and there was a fierce battle between the two at Sarangpur. The army of Mahmood Khilji w as defeated very badly by Kumbha. Mahmood Khilji’s army ran away.
Kumbha followed this fleeting army till Mandu and took Mahmood as a captive but released him after keeping him in Chittor fort six months. After being free, Mahmood Khilji attacked Maharana Kumbha several times, but he never succeeded. After this, Kumbha defeated the joint army of Gujrat and Malwa and he became the most powerful ruler of-his time.
2. Victory on Gujrat –
With Kumbha’s help, Shams Khan became the ruler of Nagore, but after becoming the ruler of Nagore, Shams Khan broke his relations with Kumbha. At this Kumbha left for Nagore with a large army. The ruler of Gujrat sent his army to help Shams Khan. But Kumbha defeated the front army of the ruler of Gujrat Qutubuddin and the ruler of Nagore Shams Khan. After some time, the joint armies of Gujrat and Malwa attacked on Mewar but Maharana Kumbha defeated the joint armies of Gujrat and Malwa. Thus Kumbha became the most powerful ruler of his time.
3. Cultural Achievements of Kumbha –
Kumbha was not only a brave fighter and a good diplomat, but a patron of literature and art. Maharana Kumbha’s period is known as the golden age in the history of art. 32 out of 82 forts located in Mewar, are built by Kumbha. In these forts, the Kumbhalgarh fort is the best example of art and architecture of Rajasthan. This fort is also known as the fort of Ajay.
Surrounding the fort on four sides are the grand portified arcs which arc considered second in height to China’s great wall. Kumbha also got many temples built among which the temple of Kumbha Syam, Mira temple of Eklingji etc. are mentionable. Kumbha was a scholar and patrion of scholars. He wrote ‘Sangeet Meemansa’, ‘Rasik Priya” etc.
What inspiration do we get from Rao Shekha’s life?
Inspiration from Rao Shekha’s Life Rao Shekha was an unmatchable personality of the 15th century. He was bom m 1433 A.D. We get the followin inspiration from his life –
1. To keep self-pride –
Rao Shekha was from Kachhwaha ancestor, he had to pay tax every year to keep the legate of Aider. The ruler of Amer Chandersen wanted to bring Rao Shekha under the sovereignty of Amer. Rao Shekha w as a self-respected person, so he was not .ready to accept the sovereignty of Amer. Hence wars continued between Rao Shekha and Chandersen
for a decade. At last, Rao Shekha won in the battle of 1471 A.D. and Chandersen had to accept Rao Shekha as an independent ruler. Rao Shekha was very good in fighting skills, so he captured Bhiwani, Hisar and a lot of other kingdoms. In his rule, the number of villages w ere over 360. His kingdom Amarsar was a bigger kingdom than Amer.
2. Liberal religious attitude –
Rao Shekha adopted liberal religious attitude towards all the religions. As a result of his liberal religious policy , all pathans stopped eating beef and they started protecting women.
3. To respect the women –
Rao Shekha respected the women. For protecting women rights, he laid down his life in 1488 A.D. We get an inspiration from Rao Shekha’s life that we should respect the women.
RBSE Class 7 Social Science Rajasthan and Delhi Sultanate Important Questions and Answers
Objective Type Questions:
How many times. Mahmood Gaznavi attacked India?
(a) Seven times
(b) 10 times
(c) Seventeen times
(d) Sixteen times
(c) Seventeen times
When was Delhi Sultanate established?
(a) In 1526 A.D.
(b) In 1191 A.D.
(c) In 1326 A.D.
(d) In 1206 A.D.
(d) In 1206 A.D.
The first Muslim empire was established in India by –
(a) Mahmood Gaznavi
(c) Qutubuddin Aibak
(c) Qutubuddin Aibak
Hamir Dev was the most powerful ruler of –
In 1308. which fort was captured bv Allaudin Khilji?
Fill in the blanks:
- …………………….. Mahmood Gaznavi of Gajni invaded Gujrat’s famous Somnath temple and took away huge amount of wealth.
- Hamir Dev fought seventeen battles out of which he won in ……………………..
- Under the leadership of …………………….. a lot of women performed Johar.
- ……………………. Kanhad Dev became the ruler of Jalore.
- In …………………….. Muslim army attacked the entry gate Shivana.
- In 1025 A.D.
- Rani Padmani
- In 1305 C
- In 1308 C
Tell the True and False Statements:
- In the first battle of Tarain, Prithviraj Chauhan defeated Mohammad Ghori.
- Allaudin took control over Ranthambhore in 1301 C.
- In 1437 Maharana Kumbha attacked the Sultan of Malwa but was defeated.
- A Dahiy a Sardar ditched Kanhar Dev and showed back door to Sultan in hope to be a king of Jalore.
- 42 out of 82 forts located in Mewar are built by Maharana Kumbha.
Match Column ‘A’ with Column ‘B’:
|Column ‘A’||Column ‘B’|
|1. Prithviraj Chauhan||Mewar|
|2. Kanhad Dev||Ajmer|
|3. Rawal Ratan Singh||Jalore|
|4. Maharana Kumbha||Chittor|
|Column ‘A’||Column ‘B’|
|1. Prithviraj Chauhan||Ajmer|
|2. Kanhad Dev||Jalore|
|3. Rawal Ratan Singh||Chittor|
|4. Maharana Kumbha||Mewar|
Very short Answer Type Questions:
In which battle was Prithviraj Chauhan defeated by Mohammad Ghori?
In 1192. in the second battle of Tarain Prithviraj Chauhan was defeated.
When was the Delhi Sultanate established and upto which time did it continue?
The Delhi Sultanate was established in 1206 A.D. and continued till the first war of Panipat in 1526 A.D.
By whom was “Hamir Mahakavya” written?
“Hamir Mahakavya’ was written by Navchandra Suri.
When did Jalaluddin Khilji attack Ranthambhore? What was the result?
Jalaluddin Khilji attacked Ranthambhore in 1291 and 1292 but he could not capture Ranthambhore.
Which Commander-in-Chief of Allaudin Khilji died during the surrounding of the fort of Ranthambhore?
What were the reasons of Allauddin Khilji’s attacking Chittor?
- Mewar’s increasing influence.
- Allaudin’s greed for territorial expansion.
- The military importance of the fort of Chittor.
Who were the chiefs of the army of Rawal Ratan Singh?
Gaura and Badal were the chiefs of the army of Rawal Ratan Singh.
Which was Chittor’s first Johar?
Performing Johar by Rani Padmani was Chittor’s first Johar.
Who laid the foundation of the Royal family Sisodia in Mewar?
Sardar Hamir of Sisoda village.
Who was Kanhad Dev?
Kanhad Dev was the brave ruler of Jalore. He became the ruler of Jalore in 1305.
When did Maharana Kumbha defeat the Sultan of Malwa?
Maharana Kumbha defeated the Sultan of Malwa Mahmood Khilji in 1437.
Which fort is known as the fort of Ajay?
Short Answer Type Questions:
Describe the achievements of Hamir Dev Chauhan.
1. Achievements of Hamir Dev Chauhan –
Hamir Dev Chauhan was the most important ruler amongst the Chauhan rulers. He was declared ruler and crowned during the life of his father Jaitr Singh.
2. Hamir was an ambitious ruler and at the time of his taking up the throne, there was political disorder in Delhi. In this situation, after being free from the rulers of Delhi, Hamir began his success journey. By 1291, he came out glorious and powerful. He won many states and included themunder his empire and charged only tax from some of them.
3. Hamir defeated Arjun –
the ruler of Bheemras the ruler Parmar of Dhaar and Mewad’s ruler Samar Singh and established his supremacy in Rajasthan. He captured Abu, Vardhanpur (Kathiawad), Pushkar, Champa, Tribhuvangiri and returned to his state. By these victories, political reputation of Ranthambhore’s Chauhans increased.
Evaluate Hamir Dev Chauhan.
- Hamir Deo Chauhan was brave warrior and able chief of the army. Allaudin conquered Ranthambhore not by the military endeavours but by malice. Hamir Deo fought seventeen battles out of which he won in sixteen.
- Hamir was a patron of scholars and artists.
- Hamir Deo was a patron of refugees and he laid down his life protecting them. His name will always be renowned in the history .
What were the causes of Allaudin’s attack on Jalore?
- Allaudin Khilji was an ambitious ruler. He wanted to expand his empire.
- Jalore was alway s a hub of military- and business.
- Allaudin Khilji was worried to see the increasing military power of Jalore’s Chauhan. He wanted to stop Kanhad .Dev’s increasing military power.
- Allaudin Khilji had asked Kanhad Deo, ruler of Jalore to move his troops via Jalore to go to Gujrat for which Kanhad Dev refused. Allaudin Khilji’s army destroy ed the temple and Shivlinga. Kanhad Dev was very angry for destroying the Shivlinga and he made up his mind to teach a lesson to Sultan.
- Kanhad Dev attacked the Muslim army that was coming back after destroying Gujrat and took all the things they looted from Gujrat. Allaudin Khilji was annoyed and decaded to send his army to win Jalore.
Describe Chittor’s first Johar.
In 1303, Allaudin Khilji attacked Chittor. He surrounded the fort of Chittor. There was a fierce battle between the Muslim army and the Rajput. The ration supplies had finished in the fort and it became necessary for the Rajput army to get out of the fort and attack the Muslim army. The chief of Rajput army wore saffron robes and opened the gates of the fort. Rawal Ratan Singh, ruler of Chittor and chiefs of the army Gaura and Badal became martyrs. On the other side under the leadership of Rani Padmani. a lot of women performed Johar. This was Chittor’s first Johar.
Essay Type Questions:
Describe the Turkish invasions on India.
Describe the invasions of Mahmood Gaznavi and Mohammad Gauri.
1. Invasion of Mahmood Gaznavi –
Taking the advantage of political instability in India. Mahmood Gaznavi attacked India seventeen times. In these attacks. Mahmood Gaznavi destroyed the temples and looted India’s huge wealth. In 1025 A.D.. he invaded Gujrat’s famous Somnath temple and took away huge amount of w ealth to Gazni. Mahmood Gaznavi’s invasions destroyed a lot of temples and memorials representing Indian culture.
2. Invasion of Mohammad Gauri –
Following Mahmood Gazriavi Mohammad Gauri of Gaur state attacked India. In 1191 A.D. in the first battle of Tarain. Prithviraj Chauhan. ruler of Ajmer, defeated Mohammad Gauri. But in 1192 A.D.. in the second battle of Tarain. Mohammad Gauri defeated Prithviraj Chauhan. This was a deciding battle of the history of India.
After this victory, foreign invaders – Turks got an opportunity to establish their rule in India. In 1194. Mohammad Gauri defeated Jai Chand Gahadwal – the ruler of Kannauj. Mohammad Gauri”s last operation was against Khokhar in 1206. At the end of the warwhen Gauri was returning back, he was killed by Khokhars in Jhclum’s banks.
Describe Allaudin Khilji’s attack oii Ranthambhore.
Allaudin Khilji’s Attack on Ranthambhore On the order of Allaudin Khilji. Ullug Khan and Nusrat Khan left for Ranthambhore with a large army. The joint army of both of them attacked Jhain and captured it. The Turkish army surrounded the fort of Ranthambhore. During the surrounding of the fort. Nusrat Khan chief of Allaudin Khilji’s army, was badly wounded and died.
The Rajput army attacked the Turkish army from fort and Ullug Khan had to run away to save his life and his army yvas dismantled. Surrounding the Fort of Ranthambhore by Allaudin Khilji Noyv Allaudin Khilji came himself to Ranthambhore yvith a large army. He surrounded the fort of Ranthambhore yvhich continued for about a year yvith no success.
At this moment. Allaudin started malicious efforts to capture the fort. He invited the army chief of Hamir for settlement talks and tried to lure them to join hands yvith him. Noyv the ration supplies of the fort had also finished and yvhatever yvas left. Allaudin made it impurely adding crushed bones in them. In this situation, the Rajput soldiers came out of the fort and started fighting yvith the Muslim army. But the Rajput soldiers yvere defeated badly . Hamir Dev died fighting bravely like a marty r. Allaudin took control of the fort of Ranthambhore in 1301 A.D.