Rajasthan Board RBSE Class 7 Social Science Chapter 14 Media and Democracy
RBSE Class 7 Social Science Media and Democracy Intext Book Questions and Answers
Page No 109.
Look at these pictures and with the help of your teacher, write about the information you gather for them.
In the first picture win of India over Srilanka with 2-0 has been shown and it has been shown in the picture that we have become No 1 in Test Cricket. In the second picture, meetings of Obama, President of America and Pranab Mukherjee, President of India, have been shown. In the third picture, result of UPSC has been displayed, in which girls have topped.
Page No 111.
Through what forms of media does one acquire information about the national and international news in your village/ city? With the help of your classmate, make a list of such forms of media.
In our village we get national and iritemational information from newspapers, T.V., radio, audio-video cassette, telephone, mobile phone etc.
Page No 114.
Prepare a list of different problems of your area which you would like to bring into the notice of the govt through the medium of Media.
Our area has different problems –
- Our area is facing problem of dirt
- Problem of clean water
- Roads are damaged and full of pits
- no proper sewage system
- Scarcity of playgrounds for the children
- supply of electricity is irregular.
RBSE Class 7 Social Science Media and Democracy Text Book Questions and Answers
Choose the correct options:
1. Example of Print Media is –
2. Media is used –
(a) Only for the government
(b) Only for the public
(c) For the government and public
(d) Only for media people
(c) For the government and public
What are the different forms of electronic media?
Two forms of electronic media –
- Broadcasting – It includes telephone, mobile phone, video phone etc.
- Electronic Media – It includes film, radio, T.V., audio-video, computers, disck etc.
What kind of information do we get from the Media about various events and issues?
Through media we get information about the events happening at the national and international related to games and sports, politics, economy, culture, social, music, education, technology etc.
Write characteristics of ideal media.
Characteristics of ideal media –
- information provider
Write three sentences on responsible media.
- A responsible media plays an important role in maintaining law and order situation of a country as well as in strengthening its unity and integrity.
- It helps build up a healthy public opinion and positive attitude among the citizens.
- It is the responsibility of media to present issues in their factual form, without prejudices and preconceived motions.
State importance of media in democracy.
Importance of Media in democracy has been clarified as follows –
1. Link between the public and the Govt –
Media plays a role of link between the public and the govt. It is important in spreading information about the schemes and programmers of the govt, among the public and is an equally effective means to ensure the views and opinions of the public to react the govt.
2. Major role in public opinion formation –
It plays important information of a strong public opinion. It is considered as a potentially strong medium because of the extent of its reach. The public can learn about the welfare works being carried out by the govt.
3. Freedom of thought and expression –
Democratic nations provide freedom of thoughts and expression. The optimal use of this freedom in democracy is possible because of an active and alert media.
4. Role in decision and strengthening democracy –
In the present time spread of information travelling has increased due to internet through computer. Social sites have widened the scope of freedom of expression. Immediate reaction of the public about the decision or policy of the govt, can be known by Facebook, Twitter etc.
In this way. the govt, too is able to make a quick assessment of the public opinion and undertake an analysis of its policies. Hence, majority of public is able to participate in the process of decision making and in strengthening the democractic system.
How can Media plays an important role toward Road Safety? Explain it
- Media should publish positive information regarding Road Safety.
- it should provide wide publicity through social advertisements on safety measures needed for protecting one’s life by following the traffic rules.
- It should maintain clear and impartial opinions on subject matters such that it impacts positively on the public.
- It should ensure irresponsible kinds of advertisements should not published/ shown/broadcast.
What safety measures should be taken care of while during vehicle?
Following safety measures must be taken While driving vehicles.
- The person driving the vehicle should have a valid driving licence.
- Two-wheeler drivers as well as pillion riders should ensure use of helmets and the four wheeler drives should put on safety belts.
- Do not use mobiles while driving.
- Avoid speeding and maintain the indicated speed limit.
- Do not drive after drinking.
- Drive in your lane follow the traffic signs.
- Do not perform stunts on public roads.
RBSE Class 7 Social Science Media and Democracy Important Questions and Answers
Objective Type Questions:
Telephoned a medium of –
Use of Mass Media is for –
(a) some persons
(b) one Mohalla (Colony)
(c) one country
(d) whole world
(d) whole world
Which Media is a medium of conversation?
(a) Mobile phone
(a) Mobile phone
Oldest method of Mass Media is –
(a) Print Media
(b) Broadcasting Media
(c) Electronic Media
(d) All the above
(a) Print Media
Which one of them is not a characteristic of ideal media?
(a) information provider
Fill in the blanks:
- It is the duty of Media to put ……………………. news before the public. (unprejudice/various)
- ……………………. plays an important role on the news collected by the media. (Govt./Public opinion)
- An example of electronic media is ……………………. (TV/newspaper)
- Media is ……………………. pillar of democracy. (third/fourth)
- Exchange of thoughts and information is called ……………………. (Democracy/Media)
2. Public opinion
Select True/False statement from the followings:
- Exchange of thought and information is called Media.
- T.V. Media is a medium of conversation.
- Free and unprejudice media is a necessary condition of democracy.
- T.V. is the oldest form of Media.
- Media serves the purpose of a link between the govt, and the public.
Match Column ‘A’ with Column ‘B’:
|Column ‘A’||Column ‘B’|
|2. Fourth State||Democracy|
|3. Channel||Medium of exchange of thoughts and information|
|4. Thought/ Expression||Media|
|Column ‘A’||Column ‘B’|
|1. Media||Medium of exchange of thoughts and information|
|2. Fourth State||Media|
|4. Thought/ Expression||Democracy|
Short Answer Questions:
What do we call medium of exchange of thoughts and information?
Media or Mass Media.
Write two names of print media.
What kind of news is expected from media?
Truthful and unprejudice news.
What kind of media is a necessary condition of in democracy?
Free and unprejudice media is a necessary condition of democracy.
Write two points on importance of Media.
- Media functions as a link between the govt, and the public.
- In building up public opinion, Media plays an important role. .
In present time, by which medium have the expression of thoughts widened?
Various social sites have widened the scope of freedom of expression in the present times.
Why is freedom of mass media necessary?
Use of freedom for expression of thoughts can be done appropriately only by Mass Media.
Write two precautions while driying a vehicle?
- Use of Helmet
- Don’t drive after drinking.
Write down role of twitter, facebook.
At once reaction of the public can be known through Twitter, Facebook about its decisions, policies and programmes of the govt, and the govt, get a chance to have analysis of them.
Short Question Answer:
Classify medium of Mass Media.
Medium of Mass Media can be classified in three groups –
- Print media – It includes newspapers, magazines, journals.
- Broadcast Media – It includes telephone, mobile phone, video phone, internet phone etc.
- Electronic Media – It includes film, radio, TV, audio-video cassette, disck etc.
What is the utility of internet in the field of media?
- Within seconds, we can have access to political, social, economy, geographical conditions of a country through internet.
- Social sites help in generating instant
reaction of the public to any act of the govt. In this way, the govt, try to get public opinion on a particular issue. It helps in the progress of democracy.
- The govt, is able to know public opinion about its decision-making, policies, schemes and programmes.
What is expected of a responsible media?
We have following expectations from responsible media:
- A responsible media plays an important role in maintaining the law and order situation of a country as well as in strengthening its unity and
- It helps build a healthy public opinion and positive attitude among the citizens.
- It generated healthy debate in the public.
- It should not print, broadcast and show that is negative and can be a threat to the security and integrity of the nation.
- It is the responsibility of the Media to present issues in their factual form without prejudices and preconceived motions.
- It should ensure that the. mutual place and goodwill of the public is not destroyed by any act of publishing of any article or broadcasting of any programme.
Why is autonomy important to Media?
Autonomy to Media is important because –
- It guards democracy and human rights.
- It helps maintain law and order situation of a country as well as strengthening its unity and integrity.
- It is fourth pillar of democracy.
- It helps in building healthy public opinion.
State role of electronic media.
Radio, T.V., internet, social sites etc. are included in the electronic media –
- At present these are the significant medium to reach up to any event occurring in any part of the world.
- These mediums show the events affectively. Analysis is done through specialists that given much scope to the audience to know everything about the events.
- Social sites are used for instant broadcast of news.
Essay Type Question:
Analyse role of media in present time.
Role of Meida Role of Media in present time has been clarified as follows –
1. Knowledge of Important Events –
Within seconds we get knowledge about the events happened or happening at national and international such as games and sports, political, natural, economic, social, cultural, music, education, science and technology etc. Revolution has taken place in the present time of the information coming to us through internet use and social sites.
2. Economic and cultural Globalization –
Media has played significant role in economic and cultural globalization.
3. Beneficial in Publicity of Public welfare schemes –
Newspapers, T.V., radio, etc. have an important hand in the development and growth of the beliefs and approaches of the general public. Media has played an active and positive role in publicizing govt, social welfare schemes targetting the general public, whether it is Education for All, Swach Bharat Campaign, Digital India, Bhamashah Scheme, Public Funds Scheme.(Jan Dhan Yojana), Green India Clean India, Beti Bachao Beti Padhao, Road Safety Campaign etc.
4. Important role in Road Safety –
Media plays an important role in Road Safety Campaign. It motivates the public by advertisements to follow traffic rules. It gives information regarding Road Safety rules to those youths who drive vehicle without wearing helmet or without licence.
5. Building Public. Opinion –
Govt.’s works and schemes are publicized through media so that the public right know about them. All problems and demands of the public are known to the govt. In this way it plays an important role in building up a link between the public and the govt.