Rajasthan Board RBSE Class 7 Social Science Chapter 1 Biosphere and Landscape
RBSE Class 7 Social Science Biosphere and Landscape Intext Questions and Answers
Page No 9.
Try to find out which land form is present in your village/city. Make a picture of a nearby land form.
Our area is covered with mountain. river basin and plain. Our city is situated on plain. We live on plain.
List plants and animals of your nearby biosphere.
Trees which are found in biosphere –
- Ashok etc.
Creatures found in biosphere are –
- sheep – goal etc.
Look and write names of following land form Also write its uses and discuss in class.
First land form is island. Second land form is river basin and third land form is plain. Discuss about their utility with your classmates in the class.
RBSE Class 7 Social Science Biosphere and Landscape Text Book Questions and Answers
Choose the correct options:
1. Which is not a natural land form of the following?
2. Land form surrounded by water on three sides.
Fill in the blanks:
- The four ocean on earth are 1………………………, 2………………………, 3………………………, 4………………………
- Gaddi, Bakarwal and Bhotiya tribe of Himalayas resides there in……………………… season.
- ………………………. is the area where river flows along with is tributaries.
- A stream of water flowing naturally on land is called as………………………
- Pacific, Indian, Atlantic, Arctic.
What is Biosphere? Why is it found only on earth?
The whole area of land on which life, exists is called Biosphere. Biosphere is flourishing to the point of atmosphere. where birds and insects are found. it is expanded everywhere when there is life present. Certain elements are essential for life such as energy, air, water, surface etc. There fore, biosphere is found only on earth.
Write difference between ecosystem and environment by defining them.
The inter – relationship of biotic and abiotic component of environment is called ecosystem. environment – Biotic and abiotic things which surround us from all sides is called environment. Difference in Ecosystem and Environment – Atmosphere made of biotic and abiotic things is called Environment whereas inter-relationship of biotic and abiotic things is called Ecosystem.
What is food chain? Explain.
Sun is the main source of energy for each organism. Plants also make their food from the sunlight. Plants get energy from Sun and nutrients from soil to make their food an insect gets its food from plants. That insect is eaten by rat, rat by snake and snake by eagle. After the death of eagle decomposes ruin it into the soil. This is how this food chain gets completed. In this way, energy is transferred from one organism to other in the form of a food chain.
What we should do to maintain balance in environment?
We shod do the following things in order to keep balance in our environment:
- We should development work in such a way so that no damage is done to our environment.
- In our development work, we must use elements of environment from the point of view of conservation that is we should not spoil environment but collaborate and contribute for continuous and progressive development.
What is island? Are they found only in sea?
The land body covered with water on all four sides is called an island. It can be located in rivers, ponds, sea and ocean for e.g. And man and Nicobar and Lakshadweep. Brahmaputra River in Assam is the biggest riverine island in the world.
How many types of plains are there? Explain their main importance with example.
Plains are two types –
- Coastal plains
- Inner plains.
1. Coastal Plains –
Coastal plains are those plains which are near to sea.
Goa, Karnataka, Kerala, coastal plains of Tamil Nadu. Width of coastal plains is less. We find good harbors on them. These are used for rearing fisheries. People come here for entertainment.
2. Inner Plains –
These plains are formed from the soil taken by the rivers.
Ganga-Yamuna plains. These plains are very fertile and used for agriculture. These plains are flat and even. They are comparatively wide than those of coastal plains. Due to evenness of plains, road and rail transport facilities are better. The population density is also very high in plains.
RBSE Class 7 Social Science Biosphere and Landscape Important Questions and Answers
Objective Type Questions:
Inter-relationship of biotic and abiotic environment is called –
(c) Food web
(d) Food chain
The natural form of nearby places which are higher than 600 meters are called –
The land of less slope and broader, flat high land masses are called –
(c) Coastal plains
(d) River basin
The stream of water flowing on natural face is called –
A place which is surrounded by water body from three sides is called –
(a) River basin
Fill in the blanks:
- Earth was also like other planets of solar system have rocky body with…………………… and water. (gases/fishes)
- …………………… is the highest mountain peak on the surface of Earth. (Mount Everest/Kanchenjunga)
- The side where rainfall occurs is called…………………… of mountain. (windward/leeward)
- Rivers which flow throughout the year are called …………………… rivers. (perennial/seasonal)
- Some rivers which flow only in rainy seasons are called…………………… rivers. (seasonal/perennial)
- Mt. Everest
Select True/False statement from the sentences given below:
- The side where rainfall occurs is called windward of mountain.
- The leeward side is also called rainfall area.
- The land of less slope and broader, flat high land masses are called plateaus.
- The river that flows only in rainy season is called perennial river.
- River I,uni is perennial river.
Match the following:
- Mountain – 1. Flat surface of land
- Perennial river – 2.Luni
- Seasonal river – 3.Ganga
- Plain – 4. Earth surface is broader at base and narrow and steep at the top.
- Mountain – 4. Earth surface is broader at base and narrow and steep at the lop
- Perennial river – 3. Ganga
- Seasonal river – 2. Luni
- Plain – 1. Flat surface of land
Very Short Questions:
The whole area of Earth on which life exists. What is it called?
What is called, inter-relationship of biotic and abiotic component of environment?
What is called the complex of food chain of an ecosystem?
In which two parts are the creatures found in Biosphere can be divided?
- Vegetation world
- Animal world.
Of which ocean layer is Monacci Mountain situated?
At the layer of the Pacific Ocean.
Which mountain peak is the highest in the world?
The Mount Everest.
What are the rivers called, which flow throughout the year, due to melting of snow from snowcapped mountains?
Which is the biggest river island of the world?
Mazuli island of Brahmaputra river.
Where is Mount Everest situated?
Mount Everest situated in the Himalayas.
What is called mountain ranges?
When mountains are in line form, they are known as mountain ranges.
What is called Plateau?
The land of less slope and broader, Hat high landmasses are called plateaus.
What are called plains?
Generally Hat and equal land forms are called plains. The average height of these is less than 300 meters from sea level.
Which place is called river basin?
The area of land where river and its tributaries. Hows is called river basin
What is called sea coastal plain?
Area situated near to the coast of sea is called sea coastal area.
What is called an island?
Surface of land surrounded by water body from all sides (four sides) is called island.
What is the condition of the Monacci Mountain?
The Monacci Mountain in the Pacific Ocean is 10,250 meters high from the sea layer and remains submerged in sea.
What is called rain shadow area?
The leeward side of mountain is called rain shadow area.
Short Question Answer:
What is Biosphere and when is it formed?
The whole area of Earth on which life exists called Biosphere. It consists of tiny bacteria to huge animals. Along with this comprehensive and extensive vegetation, different creature and human are part of it. Life on all these spheres – lithosphere, hydrosphere and atmosphere – form biosphere.
Is Biosphere on the entire Earth?
No, Biosphere is not on the entire earth. Our earth is very vast. Life is not found at every region if it. Biosphere is found to a limited region on the Earth.
What are the causes of availability of Biosphere on earth?
followings are the causes of availability of biosphere on Earth –
- Water is available in large quantity.
- Energy is received from the Sun continuously.
- Best co-ordination of liquid, gas and solid substances is found here.
How is balance of ecosystem spoil by the causes and acts of human beings?
In the present age people are damaging our ecosystem to a larger extent on the name of economic development. These are the acts of human beings –
- Destruction of natural vegetation and animals
- establishing forge in organism
- replace original vegetation and animals by foreign vegetation and animals
- changing components of environment for development
- use of fertilizers and pesticides
- change in ratio of gases of atmosphere
- pollution of environment etc. are causing imbalance in ecosystem.
How many types of forms are found on our earth?
- River Basin
- Sea and coastal plains
What is called mountain?
The natural form of nearly places which are higher than 600 m and more and flourish in many kilometres in height are called Mountains. These are broader at base and narrow and steep at the top. The top steep portion of Mountains is called their peaks. When mountains are in line form, they are known as mountain ranges.
Discuss chief characteristics of mountains.
Followings are the characteristics of mountains –
- climate of mountains is always lower than its surroundings. As we go higher, temperature falls down.
- Clouds burst into rainfall by striking with mountains.
- The land available for agriculture in mountains ranges is very less due to steep slopes. Here the population is also very low.
- Animal rearing is the main occupation of people here.
- These mountains provide shelter to many forest animals.
What is called a plateau? Write its characteristics.
The land of less slope and broader, flat high land masses are called plateaus. Following are the characteristics of plateaus:
- Plateaus can be hundred or thousand of meters height.
- These are mostly used as grasslands. At some lower plateaus, agriculture is also done.
- These have plenty reservoir of minerals like iron, coal etc.
What is called plains? How are these formed?
Generally flat and equal land form are called plains. The average height of these is less than 300 meters from sea level. They are formed from the soil taken by the rivers.
Write characteristics of plains.
Followings are the chief characteristics of plains:
- Plains are very fertile and used for agriculture.
- Due to evenness of land in plain, the transport facilities are well developed as road and rail transport are easy to construct.
- Population density is also very high.
- Plains are of two types
- coastal plains -the area near to sea.
- Inner plains – the area of rivers.
- On main land, soil is brought by the rivers with them.
What is river? How many types are they?
The stream of water flowing on natural face is called River. These are of two types –
- Perennial rivers – These rivers flow throughout the year due to melting of snow on mountains.
Example – Ganga and Yamuna.
- Seasonal rivers – These rivers How only in rainy season.
Example – Luni river in Rajasthan.
Essay Type Questions:
Write an essay on sea and coastal plains.
Sea has enormous water but it is salty. Many small seas form an ocean which is very big, expanded and vast. Main Oceans – There are mainly four oceans on the earth –
- Pacific Ocean
- Atlantic Ocean
- Indian Ocean
- Arctic Ocean.
These oceans and sea have their own world of life. There are found unlimited creatures like fishes, crocodiles, turtles etc. Use –
- Sea has its floor made up of mountain plateaus, plains and valleys etc.
- These are sources of food and minerals to us.
- These are also used for transportation from ancient times. These are very cheap ways of transportation. Things can be sent and brought from distant places without construction of rail and road.
Sea Coast –
The area near to sea is called its coast. These coasts are a source of entertainment for tourists. Fisheries are the main occupation of people living in coastal areas. Agriculture is also done a little far from coast.
What do you understand by environment and ecosystem? Explain factors influencing environment.
Environment – We are surrounded by biotic and abiotic things and combination of all these forms environment. Ecosystem – The inter-relationship of biotic and abitotic component of environment is called ecosystem. One organism is connected to other and also with a biotic component of environment. All organism not only affect environment but also they are affected by environment. Elements Affecting Environment Main elements affecting environment –
1. Energy –
Every organism requires energy which they get from other organism or from environment. Sun is the main source of energy on the earth. Plants and trees make their food from sunlight. This energy is transferred from one organism to other in the form of food chain.
2. Geographical Factors –
Earth is rocky and uneven due to which from equator to the poles, change in climatic conditions is found. All these geographical conditions express environmental differences in every corner of the world. Hence we also find various sorts of organisms on the earth.
3. Organisms –
All organisms influence each other and their environment and also get influenced by it.
4. Man –
Man affects environment. Man has made many changes in the environment. These changes may be right or wrong. We can irrigate desert for agriculture and on the other hand we are cutting forest.