Rajasthan Board RBSE Class 6 Science Chapter 18 Road Safety
RBSE Class 6 Science Road Safety Important Questions and Answers
Choose the correct option:
The route connecting are place to another is called –
(a) Zebra crossing
(d) None of these
The roads connecting village to village are called –
(a) National Highway
(b) State Highway
(c) Rural roads
(c) Rural roads
We should always walk in which side of the road’?
(a) Left side
(b) Right side
(d) Any where
(a) Left side
A traffic light consists of followings coloured light –
Fill in the blanks:
- Red light means we have to …………………… (stop/start)
- Yellow light means that we must be …………………… whether to move or to stop. (alert/not alert)
- Green light means we can …………………… (stop/move)
- The traffic at cross roads of cities is …………………… by the traffic light. (stopped/controlled)
Match the Column:
|Column (1)||Column (2)|
|1. Road connecting various pans of country||(a) Red, Yellow, Green|
|2. Road connecting towns of state||(b) Left side|
|3. The path of pedestrian for crossing||(c) National Highway|
|4. Walk on the road||(d) Zebra crossing|
|5. Colors of traffic light||(e) State Highway|
Very Short and Short Question Answers:
What are roads?
What do we call the route on which various vehicles keep moving?
A route where many vehicles keep moving or the route connecting one place to another is called road.
Give the names of various means of transport?
There are many means of transport like cycle. motorcycle. bus, car, jeep. tractor etc.
Road are mainly divided into how many groups?
Roads are mainly divided into three types –
- National highway – Roads which connect different cities of a country are called national highways.
- State highway – Roads which connect various cities of a state are called state highways.
- Rural roads (local roads) – Roads which connect various villages lo the state highway are called rural roads or the roads which connect villages to cities or villages to villages are called rural roads.
What are the main rules to be followed on roads?
Main rules to be followed on roads –
- Walk on left side
- Drive slowly
- Not driving after drinking alcohol
- Using seat belts or helmets
- Do not drive while talking or using mobile
- Obeying traffic rules
- Presence of driving license etc.
Do you obey traffic rules?
Yes. we obey traffic rules. Also we should encourage others to follow traffic rules.
What are traffic lights? Explain.
The lights of various colours glowing in the rectangular box are called traffic lights. These lights of three colours arc arranged in a sequence. These three colours are – red. yellow and green. The traffic at crossroads of cities is controlled with the help of traffic lights. The below mentioned rules must be followed. depending on which light glows or lest you should he fined –
- Red light means that we have to stop.
- Yellow light means that we must be alert whether to move or to stop.
- Green light means that we can move.
Why should we obey traffic lights?
For the following reasons, we should obey traffic lights –
- Safety of others and ourselves.
- Protecting from accidents and jams.
- For making traffic smooth and controlled.
- Preventing from punishment and penalty.