Rajasthan Board RBSE Class 6 Science Chapter 15 Science in Daily life
RBSE Class 6 Science Science in Daily life Intext Questions and Answers
Page No 126.
List the things used in communication around you?
Plenty of things arc used around using the field of communication like – radio, television, fax, video conferencing, tablet, pad. mobile, mobile services 3G & 4G, weather forecasting warnings, telecommunication based on artificial satellite etc.
RBSE Class 6 Science Science in Daily life Text Book Questions and Answers
Tack the correct answer from the following:
By which equipment does science bring revolution in the field of education?
(d) Tape recorder
What does science give in the field of education?
(d) All of the above
(d) All of the above
Which among the following is not a means of entertainment?
(a) Video game
Fill in the blanks:
- The systematic knowledge collected through observation of nature is called ……………………..
- Because of the development of science, many nations today are able to generate electricity from …………………….. energy.
- Sending mails through internet is known as ……………………..
Match the following:
|Column (1)||Column (2)|
|1. Telephone||(a) In the field of electricity|
|2. Thresher||(b) In the field of medication|
|3. Nuclear power station||(c) In the field of education|
|4. Eduset||(d) In the field of communication|
|5. X ray||(e) In the field of agriculture|
Short Answer Questions:
What is science?
The systematic knowledge collected through observation of nature is called science.
Write the names of four electrical equipment which are used In daily life.
We use many electrical equipment in our daily life out of which four are –
- washing machine.
Where does in Rajasthan the nuclear energy is converted Into electrical energy and then used?
In Rajasthan the production of electricity from nuclear energy is done in Rawatbhatta.
What is telemedicine? Explain.
Telemedicine is a method of providing medical help to the remote patient. With the help of computers medical help can be provided to a remote patient through telemedicine. Surgeries are also performed by laser method.
Long Answer Questions:
Explain the contribution of science in the fields of education and medication.
1. Science in the Field of Education –
Science has played a great role in the field of education, for eg. smart class rooms, studying through Eduset, writing books through e-mail and internet, to study. to write a letter, to solve the problems of math’s, to study through distance education mode, c-learning etc. can be possible due to science.
2. Science in the Field of Medical –
life is precious, God gifted the human body and provided a self defense system to our body. Even though our body may get infected may get infected may become unwell and diseased due to various reasons. The scientists regularly and continuously perform experiments to develop different kinds of medication procedures and systems and produce medicines to keep our body well and healthy.
To identify different types of diseases like cancer, TB, heart diseases, chicken pox etc. and find their proper medication and surgery, there are a number of equipment’s in the field of medical science, for cg. X- ray, CT scan, ECG etc. Computes are used for operation and control of such equipment’s of medical science. With the help of computers medical help can be provided t a remote patient through telemedicine. Surgeries are also performed by Laser method. In this way science is very useful in the field of medical.
What is scientific method? Write down its different steps.
Scientists draw conclusions after collecting and analyzing observations of an experiment. Scientists conduct experiments. They collect data thereafter. Finally, they present conclusions after analyzing the so collected, organized and analysed data. Such a process of solving a problem is referred to as scientific method by a scientists. The steps of the ‘scientific method are as follows –
- Identification of the problem.
- Collecting and classifying the related facts.
- Forming a hypothesis.
- Examining the validity of the hypothesis through experiments.
- Frame theories and laws on the basis of conclusions.
How can Science be helpful in the development of villag? Explain in brief.
Along with the development in towns, science can be helpful in the development of villages for which various tasks are performed. cg.
- To develop scientific attitude after learning science.
- Connect the villages with the means of communication and transportation.
- Imparting education with a good and modern technique.
- Providing medical felicities,
- Making approach for means of entertainment.
- Providing employments.
- Providing banking services.
- Encouraging machines and scientific methods in the field of agriculture. By applying above tasks the villages can be developed like towns.
RBSE Class 6 Science Science in Daily life Important Questions and Answers
Choose the Correct option:
The oldest hook of Ayurveda among the following is –
(a) Conduct code
(b) Charak code
(d) Vishnu code
(b) Charak code
The problem solving method by the scientists is called –
(a) Scientific theory
(b) Scientific method
(c) Scientific conception
(d) Scientific sign
(b) Scientific method
The modem technique to send message via internet is called –
The production of electricity from the nuclear energy in Rajasthan is done in –
Who is the father of nuclear science in India?
(a) V. Satish
(b) Dr. Homi Jahangir Bhabha
(d) None of these
(b) Dr. Homi Jahangir Bhabha
Fill in the blanks:
- Thermometer ¡s used to measure body (weight/temperature)
- Science is men’s biggest (energy/source)
- Super fast trains have reduced. (fare/long distances)
- From distant education we get (education at home/paper at home)
- The use of science in daily life makes simple and easy. (life/superstition)
- Long distances
- Education at home
Match the Column:
|Column (1)||Column (2)|
|1. Internet||(a) In the field of medicinal|
|2. computer game||(b) In the field of communication|
|3. E.C.G||(c) In the field of entertainment|
|4. High yield seed||(d) In the field of transportation|
|5. Metro Train||(e) In the field of agriculture|
Very Short Question Answers:
Which is the oldest book of Ayurveda?
What are 3G and 4G services?
These are modern mobile services which are known as 3-Generation and 4- Generation.
What is e-mail?
Email is the modern technique to send messages through internet.
What are super fast trains?
These trains run with a very high speed. They have reduced the long distances.
What is A.T.C.?
The full form of A.T.C. is Air Traffic Control. It is a system through which the flight of aeroplanes is controlled.
Give the workings of science in the field of agriculture?
Use of tractor for sowing. different machines for harvesting of crops to separate grains and husk by the process of winnowing, the use of thresher, the use of High Yield Variety (HYY) seeds, the use of fertilizers, insecticides ‘i crops, artificial and scientific means of irrigation, for cg. drip irrigation system, sprinkler irrigation system etc. and their uses, all could be possible because of science.
Give examples of live modem means of entertainment.
- D. V. D. Player
- Video Game.
Give the contribution of science in Pokharan.
In Jaisalmer district of Rajasthan a place named Pokharan is situated where useful nuclear test was done by which India is known as one of the powerful countries of the world.
How does the savings mainly done by Indian Families?
Indian families mainly do small savings.
List four work in the field of banking based on modern Techniques.
- A.T.M card,
- Credit card,
Short Question Answers:
What is science? Name its branches.
The systematic knowledge collected through observation of nature is called science. In order to systematize the ever increasing pool of knowledge of science. science is classified into the following branches of science – Physical-science (Physics), Chemical- science (Chemistry), Biological-science (Biology), Mathematics, Agriculture-science. Medical-science, Computer-science, Astrological-science (Astronomy),Geological-science (Geology) etc.
What are the contributions of science in the field of communication?
Science has brought revolution in the field of communication by public medium, a step forward from printing and writing i.e. radio, television, telephone. telegraph, fax, video conferencing, tablet, e-mail, mobile, 3-G and 4-G services of mobile, warnings related to weather forecasting, telecommunication based on artificial satellite. etc.
What changes are seen in the field of transportation due to science?
Revolutionary changes have taken place due to science in the field of transportation. Cycle, scooter, lorry, truck, rail, aeroplane, rocket, spaceship etc. shows the progress of man in the universe. The success to reach on moon, the spaceship sent to planet Mars and the establishments of space-stations with regular space travels by scientists all are examples of the human progress in the field of advanced transportation. The super-fast trains have reduced very long distances to shorter ones. Metro trains are being proved to be the lifeline of the towns.
What is the role of science in the field of entertainment? Explain.
Cinema, television, radio, type recorder, CD, preparing of new CDs by . the medium of DVD player and computer. listening to music, producing films, serials. watching movies, making cartoon films, playing computer games etc. are possible due to inventions of science only.
What is the role of science in the field of banking.
In modern era, just because of science, we can get money from AIM as and when we desire. We can use credit card if we want a loan for a short term. We can transfer funds from one account to another through Internet. Many tasks related to banking can he done easily. So science role has been proved a gift in these tasks.
Explain the role of computers in the field of transportation.
- The reservation of journeys through buses, trains and aeroplanes have become friendly, easier and quick.
- To command and control the aeroplane flights by the Air Traffic Control (Arc).
- Operation and control of metro trains.
- Operation and control of ships.
Give a brief note in “Charak Code”.
Rishi Charak was a famous ancient scholar in the field of Ayurved Medicine. He published many hooks like the ‘Charak Code’ based on his experiments. He Charak Code is considered to be the oldest book on the subject of Ayurved Medicine. This book presents the birth and growth of a child scientifically. In this book the structure of different organs of the body and their diseases, symptoms and cure, the names of Ayurved herbs and their benefits and which medicine is useful for different diseases are present.
Essay Type Question Answers:
Why the study of science ¡s essential for us? Explain.
The study of science is important to us due lo the following reasons –
- A person remains away from conservative views.
- Independent thinking is developed in a person.
- People lend to learn more and more about the events, problems and activities going of around them.
- In life the ability to solve problems methodically is developed.
- Persons patiently find out reason of failure and try again.
- True and superstition free ideas are developed in a person.
- Development of scientific point of view takes place.
How does a doctor treats a patient by scientific method?
A disease of patient is a scientific problem for a doctor. to solve this problem doctor starts the process as per the following steps –
- Doctor asks the symptoms of the disease.
- Doctor measures the temperature of the patient by a thermometer.
- Doctor examines the eye, tongue, breathe etc. of the patient.
- Doctor notes down the facts on the prescription slip he observed from such examinations.
- Doctor presents the hypothesis for the possible disease, to confirm or reject his hypothesis doctor refers the patient for more examinations like stool examination, urine examination, blood examination, sonography, CT-scan, X-ray etc.
- Finally, doctor prescribes medicines after clear understanding of the disease.
Write short notes on the following –
- Science in the field of Industries.
- Science in the field of Deference and Nuclear Power.
- Science in the field of Construction and Architecture.
1. Science in the Field of Industries –
Most of the use of science is in the industrial field. The reason could be that all the machines used in the industries are in existence because of scientific inventions. Moreover, operations of these industries can be done only by computers. The use of these big machines at such large level is not possible without the application of computes. For cg. In a cloth making factory, the thread has to go through a lot of processes like colouring, knitting and other different activities in which machines are involved.
2. Science in the Field of Deference and Nuclear Power –
There are several contributions of science and signs of scientific activities like Rawatbhata’s atomic reactor Rajasthan, or the nuclear experiments and underground explosions of Pokhran which included india in the list of the nuclear power nations of the world. Dr: Homi Jahangir Bhabha is the great jewel of India who initiated the atomic research in india and carried out many experiments and researches, that’s why he is remembered as the father of nuclear science in India.
3. Science in the Field of Construction and Architecture –
The design and different construction methods of the ancient and medieval period forts, temples and modern times multi-stored buildings. could have been possible due to scientific inventions. By the use of cement and concrete which are given w us by science we have developed CC roads, RCC roofs, multi story buildings and other large and high buildings on the basis of architecture.