Rajasthan Board RBSE Class 7 English Grammar Conjunctions
Conjunction वे शब्द होते हैं जो दो वाक्यों या शब्दों को जोडते हैं।
Kinds of Conjunctions (प्रकार):
1. Co-ordinating conjunctions – ये दो पूर्ण अर्थ वाले वाक्यों (Principal Clauses) को जोड़ते हैं।
2. Subordinating Conjunctions – ये एक पूर्ण अर्थ वाले वाक्य (Principal Clause) तथा एक निर्भरता वाले वाक्य (dependent/subordinate clause) को जोड़ते हैं।
[नोट – चूँकि आएकी पाठ्यपुस्तक में केवल not only …. but also एक ही co-ordinating conjunction दिया गया है, अतः यहाँ केवल इसे ही समझाया जा रहा है।]
Not only….but also
1. दो Subjects को जोड़ता है।
Tables are in good condition.
Stools are in good condition.
Not only tables but also stools are in good condition.
2. दो Objects को जोड़ता है।
I speak Hindi.
I speak English.
I speak not only Hindi but also English.
3. दो Adjectives को जोड़ता है।
You are intelligent.
You are wise.
You are not only intelligent but also wise.
4. दो Adverbs को जोड़ता है।
She works speedily.
She works accurately.
She works not only speedily but also accurately.
5. दो Verbs को जोड़ता है।
She reads books in English.
She writes books in English.
She not only reads but also writes books in English.
Combine the following sentences into one sentence using ‘not only….but also’.
‘not only….but also’ a year and for वाक्यों को जोड़कर एक वाक्य बनाइए।
- Trees of different kinds grow there Plants of different kinds grow there.
- Amrita Devi was brave. Amrita Devi was strong.
- The king was clever. The king was hardworking.
- Kohli is a popular cricketer. Rohit Sharma is a popular cricketer.
- Vidya wants to go to school. Her brother wants to go to school.
- Tea is harmful for health. Coffee is harmful for health.
- Ram helps to reduce waste. Shyam helps to reduce waste.
- Kartik is a student. Kartik is a hosteler.
- Malini is a singer. Malini is a dancer.
- Mr. Panwar was satisfied. Mrs. Panwar was satisfied.
- Vidya is playing. Vidya is running.
- Sita is cooking food. Sita is cooking rice.
- My father is going to Ajmer. He is going to Bikaner.
- Gopal takes milk daily. Gopal takes juice daily.
- Seema can fax the message. She can e-mail the message.
- Nisha is making a noise. Surendra is making a noise.
- Vimla is singing a song. Kamla is singing a song.
- She works cleverly. She works nicely.
- She is kind. She is noble.
- He talks smilingly. He talks pleasantly.
- Not only trees but also plants of different kinds grow there.
- Amrita Devi was not only brave but also strong.
- The king was not only clever but also hardworking.
- Not only Kohli but also Rohit Sharma is a popular cricketer.
- Not only Vidya but also her brother wants to go to school.
- Not only tea but also coffee is harmful for health.
- Not only Ram but also Shyam helps to reduce waste.
- Kartik is not only a student but also a hosteler.
- Malini is not only a singer but also a dancer.
- Not only Mr. Panwar but also Mrs. Panwar was satisfied.
- Vidya is not only playing but also running.
- Sita is cooking not only food but also rice.
- My father is going not only to Ajmer but also to Bikaner.
- Gopal takes not only milk but also juice daily.
- Seema can not only fax but also email the message.
- Not only Nisha but also Surendra is making a noise.
- Not only Vimla but also Kamla is singing a song.
- She works not only cleverly but also nicely.
- She is not only kind but also noble.
- He talks not only smilingly but also pleasantly.